Communal Orientation Clock
The following support documents are available:
A constant and reassuring source of information regarding time for communal areas such as hospital wards, day rooms, care homes and more. Includes custom software which can be attached to a large screen. The time is displayed in 3 different formats (traditional clock face; digital time (a.m./p.m., day of the week, date); now it’s (day, time of day e.g. morning). The screen changes slowly and can display seasonal pictures as well as your own images (e.g. to correlate with visiting times) and your place name. Developed in conjunction with individuals at an older people’s ward in a hospital and is intended for those agitated by a change of routine and by those who have Dementia.
- Large screen for better visibility and greater impact than standard clocks
- Comprehensive presentation of time, including those with variable levels of cognition
- Identifi es day and night which is benefi cial in 24 hour and constantlyilluminated environments such as hospitals
- Assists staff by answering and reinforcing repeated questions such as ‘where am I?’ and ‘what time is it?’
- Seasonal slide shows off er visual clues as to the time of year as well as views of the outside that may not be readily accessible
- Automatically up-to-date information shown – not reliant on staff (unlike for more basic signage)
- Accessible by all
Mains-powered. Includes the screen, software and wall-mount.
Size: 68cm (27”) screen